A main theme of this year is "Innovative Performance Support", where training is only a part of the whole learning value chain. You will find out more about what you can do to improve learning in the work flow and add value to your organization. Bob Mosher, a recognized authority on performance support, will give a keynote and a workshop on this interesting topic.
He then joined Microsoft Learning as their Director of Learning and Strategy Evangelism. He has spent the last 4 years as the Global Chief Learning and Strategy Evangelist for LearningGuide Solutions US and is dedicated to helping organizations design, implement, and measure performance support.
Jane is the Founder of the Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies (C4LPT), one of the world’s most visited learning sites on the Web. She is the author of many articles and a number of books on social learning and the use of social media for learning, and is a regular speaker at learning conferences and events.
Jane has worked with business and education for over 25 years, providing independent advice on the acquisition, implementation and use of new technologies. Jane currently helps organizations use a SMARTER approach to Workplace Learning; which is about encouraging and engaging learners in new ways that are relevant both to today’s workers and at the same time meet the needs of today’s organizations. Jane is also a Principal of the Internet Time Alliance, a think tank of leading learning and business performance practitioners helping organizations exploit emerging practice to work smarter.
The keynote will discuss 8 features of how Smart Workers are making use of social media to work and learn today
1. The Smart Worker learns continuously as she works
2. The Smart Worker wants immediate access to his performance problems
3. The Smart Worker is happy to share what she knows
4. The Smart Worker relies on a trusted network of friends and colleagues
5. The Smart Worker learns best with and from others
6. The Smart Worker keeps up to date with what is happening in his industry and profession
7. The Smart Worker constantly strives to improve her productivity
8. The Smart Worker thrives on autonomy